Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nothing Better Than Marion's



In high school, I worked at a restaurant named "Manning's" on SW 4th & Alder. Known for its famous coffee, I think it should have been known for its Macaroni and Cheese. The cook was Marion Meyen and everyday on my break, I would have her Macaroni and Cheese, orange jello cubes and a coke. I soon began a huge crush on her grandson, but I never could decide which love was greater. As all good things come to an end, with one door closing and another door opening, we all parted ways but I never forgot about Marion's Mac N Cheese. Years later I would run into her grandson and ask for the infamous recipe. I have the name of an Aunt that "might" be in possession of it. In the meantime, I have decided to try all Mac N Cheese's in the Northwest and my travels. And if any of you have any must have M & C recipes, please pass them along.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm Mac n Cheese! Must get to Willamette Noodle for some cheesy goodness...

    ReplyDelete